People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.
Soren Aabye Kierkegaard

11.08.2008

love me some spin

SPIN CLASS, how do I love thee? ... aahh, the apple of my eye, two peas in a pod, the cats meow, the cockles of my heart, the wind beneath my wings, a labour of love, all is fair and love and war, love is a battlefield, love is blind, love stinks, love hurts, HOW DO I LOVE THEE?!!?, lover come back, I can't stop this feeling any longer, love IS a battlefield, crazy in love.



I've been spinning for two years now and it's hard to find a good instructor. I finally found one in Provo and loved her! She was 50, maybe 60 yrs old and resembled, from what I could gather, a playboy bunny. Maybe I should clarify, a 60 year old women wearing what a playboy bunny would wear, but oh, how I love my Rhonda! Since then I've had hard times finding what Rhonda could do. The screaming in your face to push harder, to call you all the names in the book to get you mad to go harder, longer and to make you cry, yes really cry.


I recently found Brian, I like to call him Strong Brian. He's awesome! But his class is at night and I go to the gym before the sun even thinks about rising. So maybe both?


I do love spin, but since I don't feel really challenged since I've been doing it for so long (don't get me wrong sometimes I want to punch Brian in the throat during his isolations or hills) I've decided my next big goal is a triathlon. I thought I wanted to run a marathon, but my knees can't take it, so I tried running after my spin class and boy does that kick my butt! Since I'm making it public that a triathlon is my goal I feel even more obligated to prove to those non-believers.


3 comments:

The Piepers said...

How do you do these awesome blog designs? I'm so envious. I can only put all my pictures in a nice little row and talk about them. Spill the beans, chica. And I'm going to be waiting for a full report on the triathlon.

ellsworth family said...

Hey Nicole. How many years has it been? I think the last time I saw you it was at your apartment in Provo living with Janelle. Did you live with her or Meg? Anyway, that was like 5+ years ago I think.
Good luck with the triathalon.

Geneil said...

Found you! :-D You inspire me to put our elliptical machine to better use...