People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.
Soren Aabye Kierkegaard

11.13.2010

and then there was utah


I'm back and don't it feel good.



I landed a great job and am finishing up school (finally). But before I go into details about my new life I want to briefly recap my Nevada experience.... great weather, amazing friends and a new appreciation for desert landscape. I moved down to Nevada from Washington state without a job or a vehicle, not really knowing what I was doing at all or what I wanted to accomplish while I was there. It bridged the gap between early 20's to mid 20's which sounds ridiculous, I know. In my early 20's I found myself riding the waves instead of creating them. My time in Nevada gave me a reason to wonder what the crap I wanted in life and why I wasn't making it happen. What I found out is that I want to learn, formally and in my own studies. Which segues perfectly into why I moved back to Utah. School.


Back to school. To finish what I started what seems to be forever ago. I also happened to land an amazing job that will help facilitate the financial part of school. Full time work and school is going to be nightmarish, but I can handle the hectic life. I've been trying to go back to school for awhile now and it seems that I've hit brick wall after brick wall. Now things are falling into place better than I could have imagined so much so I don't seem to have room enough to receive it all. I am very blessed. I'm jumping back onto the Chemistry route, but this time as a Chemical Engineer student. At least that's the plan for now. I know that's what I want to study more than anything else, but reality can hit hard.

As for this job, it's stressful, but I really like it. I work for Liberty Mountain Sports, an outdoor distributing company. We deal with just about anything for the outdoors, especially climbing equipment. I deal with all the big accounts West of the Mississippi and it's a whole different world than the law firm that I was at and I love it. Many of the people that work there are avid climbers & backpackers so I have a large vat of knowledge and experience to dip into whenever I want. And I get to work with my sister Jennie. Yes, we work and live together. We're both the type to think it's more of an effort and pain to be annoyed by things than to not be, so we get a long just great. 

4 comments:

janica said...

welcome back to utah!!!! :) Yes you're in my blog list still ;)

liv said...

Hooray! :) I'm so excited now we really need to get together! I hope your new job is going well. That sounds fun to live and work with Jenny. I loved hanging out with her at LDSBC :) Well lets plan something soon! love you!

Ryan & Sarah said...

YOU BLOGGED!!!!! I thought you had forgotten how! Welcome back!
I'm happy you wrote this out, it's fun to hear what's going on when you jot it down- it's somehow different than when we talk about it and fun to read it.
I'm so happy you're doing what is right for you and loving it! I'll bet your new job is such a fun environment. You seem really happy and that makes me so excited for you and the new direction you're taking!! Things really have fallen into place for you! What a blessing!! I'm so glad you're sticking to your gut and what you feel you should do! The best things in my life have happened when I stopped being too logical and went with what I felt I should do. You're going to be way brainier and richer than the rest of us Miss Engineer!! Love you pretty lady!

Anonymous said...

一对一视讯聊天室 , 一对一视讯聊天室 , 一对一视讯聊天室 , 一对一视讯聊天室 , 一对一视讯聊天室 , 一对一视讯聊天室 , 一对一视讯聊天室 , 一对一视讯聊天室 , 一对一视讯聊天室 , 一对一视讯聊天室