People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.
Soren Aabye Kierkegaard

4.08.2008

USERS AND KILLERS








I work for a methadone clinic helping heroin addicts fight their addiction. So far it's really rewarding watching the users really fight something that has fought them so long. I've come to learn even more that the body is a powerful thing and the mind even greater.


I work from 5 am to 1 pm and love the idea of getting off work and relaxing by the pool everyday and have time for school.

I'm also working with a handful of killers. I will admit that once the confession was made that they had killed people I thought we need to do something about out justice system. And then my thoughts ran along the lines of:

I'm sorry, what? Could you repeat yourself? I heard something in there about a killing.

The Killers (the band, not actual killers)

Ok, think Nichole, where are the exits? If you had to what could you use to defend yourself? Would the pointy end of a paper clip do enough damage to get away? And I should update my Will.

All in all I really like my job.



2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Yikes, Nichole!! I'm not sure a paper clip would do the trick. Maybe you should have a backup plan.

Quayleman said...

The pointy end alone won't do it. I'll sharpen the point of one and send it to you!