People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.
Soren Aabye Kierkegaard

4.17.2008

first injury of the season



OUCH!!
I ran and slid to catch a foul fly ball and soon realized that the dirt in Nevada is hard and rocky, I'm just glad I caught the ball! It was kinda cool to see so much blood gushing from my leg and it was great to see the reactions from everybody who saw it.




I'm not sure the picture gives it justice, in the mirror it looks a lot bigger, but it is a lot redder in real life. And it hurts like a mother!! I'm keeping it wrapped so the scar won't be as big.




Last night I called a girl in the ward who plays on the US National Rugby team and who is an athletic trainer (she's seen much worse) and she fixed me up pretty well, but said that I'll have a nasty scar and hairy legs. It's just another battle wound.



1 comment:

Quayleman said...

I can't see the pics! I want to see the carnage. The real question is did you win? jk, Our softball season started yesterday. Hooray!